I'm a Mormon.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lets Do This

Recently I have seen blogs everywhere and I decided my life is unique why don't I blog about it.  Today for example was funny. At church I was asked to give the prayer. As soon as my roommates heard about it they went crazy and started to tell me to say it in German. I was not sure about but I did and as per usual when I finished there was a mumble in the crowed. "what language was that?" "Does she speak English?" etc.... the people that knew me answered the questions laughing. I sometimes wish German was like Spanish. Then no one would care if I spoke German because everyone else could speak it too. Well I guess that's what makes me different. I'm unique in the fact I can speak German. I am special.
 Last week I found the awesome German speakers in the MC (the cafeteria on campus)  and that was GREAT!!!! I got to speak German and I missed it so much! I have realized lately that German has become like an addiction for me, like caffeine or drugs or something I crave it. Some days ill think in German just to make sure I have not forgoten it. These people defiantly satisfied my craving. We played a game that was fun I don't remember what its called but it was with cards and I lost a lot but it was still great :) I want to go every week. Its an amazing thing :D Ich liebe Deutschland!




Time to go live life.
Remember: It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. -Mark Twain
Love always,
Rachel


P.S. 'j9u.q<Zu7
B(Yhbjsecay7sj- my roommate from Peru just did that.... she is crazy... she wanted me to write that too.... 

5 comments:

  1. YAY! Rachel now I can keep in touch with how life is going when I am gone! :D

    PS. your prayer today in church ROCKED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RACHEL!!!!!!! you are such a SEXY BEAST!!!!!!! (IT WAS BECAUSE OF YOU THAT I LEARNED THAT) TE AMO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gut gemacht! Ich freue mich auf mehrere "posts". love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your post, Rachel. I remember when I was at Stake Conference at the Provo tabernacle. I was holding Jerrett, as he was a small baby. Your mother had to work, so it was just you, Jerrett, and me. I turned around and you had vanished. I couldn't find you, so I started looking around for you. I finally found you. You went to the front of the building, heading up front to be with the choir. I guess you have it in your blood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWwww Rachel my little "HEIDI" You can take the girl out of Germany but you can't take Germany out of the girl!!! You know where we live everyone would wonder what you were saying if you spoke Spanish. In fact there is a sister who always prays here in Spanish and I never can understand her but if you gave it in German I can understand it a little. ALL in perspective!!

    ReplyDelete